- Wed 26th Jun, 2013 - Making Good Decisions about People
To secure your place please Contact Us.
Alternatively we can tailor workshops to suit the needs of your organisation.
If you would like to discuss your in-house training needs please Contact Us.
IOD's Regular Workshops
Get strong Stay Strong: Be resilient and grow
- Resilience will help you respond positively despite the challenges presented by life. This workshop will help you to understand resilience, why it is so important and how to develop more of it in your life.
Are you really listening? Listen well and understand
- We spend a lot of time listening and yet most people have rarely developed their full range of listening skills. This workshop will introduce you to essential techniques to improve the quality of your listening and therefore your communications with other people.
Having Difficult Conversations
- Managers and employees all need to undertake difficult conversations in the workplace. The use of effective communication skills can minimise the awkwardness and difficulty of such conversations and therefore reduce workplace conflict and tension.
Career Planning: Develop direction in your career
- This workshop will help you focus on what you want from your career, and where you want your career to take you. This workshop will help you clarify your dreams and set effective goals to realise them. You will also learn skills to aid you in the pursuit of your goals, and ensure that you remain 'on track'. Career planning can help give purpose to your professional endeavors and help you to shape your career.
Making Good Decisions about People
- Learn the skills that successful recruiters use to work out what they are looking for and how to assess people. By applying these skills in your business and your personal life you can minimise your chances of selecting the wrong person for your team, your workplace or even your life.
Walking the Leadership Line: Managing the Transition from Friend to Leader
- Leadership places many special demands on people that are not always apparent for the newly promoted leader. One of those challenges is how to performance manage and discipline the people who were formerly your peers. Walking the line between friendship and leadership can be a major challenge for managers, team leaders and people leaders.
Practical Conflict Management
- This workshop will help you understand what conflict is and how to work with it and to manage it. You will also learn about what makes it especially difficult for you when others are in conflict, as well as developing techniques to help you respond more effectively to conflict.
Managing your Stress at Work: Manage stress and maximise performance
- Changing and challenging circumstances can leave us feeling overwhelmed. Having the skills to be able to respond more effectively to stress is essential for wellbeing.
How Conflict Escalates - and what to do about it
- This workshop is for Managers and other people who have to make decisions around interpersonal and team conflict. The workshop will give participants a means of determining how far a conflict has escalated and therefore what intervention/s may be effective or ineffective. By developing an understanding of the stage that the conflict has reached, you and your organisation will be able to avoid wasting time and money on interventions that are unlikely to succeed.